2020 Starting Nine - Giant Race Ambassador Program
It’s time! The 2020 Starting Nine applications are now open! We celebrated 10 years running in 2019 (that was fun!). As we turn the page to 2020, we’re entering a new decade of the Giant Race Series. We want our Starting Nine Ambassador Team to help us tell the story of the Giant Race, encourage people to get out the door and move their bodies, and help us come up with fun ideas for the next 10 years. Think you’re up for it?
2020 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
**Insider Tip: Pay close attention to the last question of the application. We don’t want you to miss out on a great opportunity to show us a snippet of who you are!
“Since this is part of an interactive social media position, please share a 15-30 second video on your public Instagram page showing why you would make a great Starting Nine Teammate! Be sure to tag @GiantRace and use #GiantRaceS9. Be Yourself, Creative, Funny, Or Whatever makes you, You!”
The Starting Nine will serve a one-year period and are encouraged to reapply each year (February 2020 – February 2021).
How to Apply:
• Please note: the Application contains an acknowledgment to our terms and conditions.
• The deadline to submit the Application by January 13, 2020.
Giant Race Mission Statement:
Authentically connecting fans through fitness and community.
• Must love to move your body — running/walking/jogging/dog walking/etc.
• Passionate about the San Francisco Giants
• Active on Social Media (your Instagram account MUST be public)
• Previous experience with the Giant Race — as a runner, walker, volunteer or spectator!
• Represent the Giant Race brand in your local community:
• Attending our fun runs or pop-up community events (if you live in or around the area in which they take place).
• Participate in the entire Giant Race Series (Scottsdale, Sacramento, San Jose, San Francisco).
• If you do not live in the area or are unable to attend in person, good news! You can participate VIRTUALLY (and are encouraged to drum up a few fellow runners wherever in the world you may be and run the VIRTUAL Giant Race together).
• Promote the Giant Race brand via your social media accounts:
• A Social Media Guide highlighting the requirements will be sent to the Starting Nine team prior to the first Giant Race event in 2020.
• Volunteer at a Packet Pickup event of your choice.
• “Welcome To The Team Lunch” inside Oracle Park with the Giant Race staff.
• FREE access to the San Francisco Giant Race VIP Lounge on race day.
• Pre-Game Field Visit to watch the Giants and Cardinals batting practice the day after the race, September 7th.
• Complimentary game ticket to watch the Giants take on the Cardinals at Oracle Park on September 7th.
• 20% OFF all Giant Race events.
• Opportunity for in-game interviews.
• Giant Race Swag Bag containing race gear, apparel, memorabilia and other fun Giants items.
• Opportunity for an on-field ceremony with a Giants player pre-game on September 7th.
• Opportunity to earn complimentary race entries for the 2021 season.
• Bio on Giant Race website.
• Develop 9 new friends throughout the season.
The Fine Print:
Our image as a brand is very important to us, therefore, as an extension of our brand the Giant Race, the Starting Nine members are expected to uphold our values. If we feel that members are misrepresenting our brand, we reserve the right to revoke Starting Nine membership at any time, for any reason. Members are not financially compensated in any way. Giant Race does not pay or reimburse our ambassadors for their time or travel.