CRAZY CRAB 2-MILE CHALLENGE FAQ
Below are some instructions on how to download the ASICS Runkeeper™ app, along with how to sync & use your phone or wearable device, and to upload your results.
🌐 Downloading the Run Keeper App
- Simply click the link that is included in this email and follow the on-screen directions!
📡 Syncing your Device (If you’re using the Run Keeper app & your phone to track your run/walk, or doing a manual upload, you can skip this section)
- From the ASICS Runkeeper™ app home screen, tap the 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner
- Tap the grey “Settings” tab on the bottom left
- Scroll down to “Apps, Services and Devices” (about halfway down the screen)
- Tap it and choose the services and devices you’d like to connect from the list provided.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for the connection to finalize. Now you’re all set!
- Having issues? Follow these instructions with images to get you Crazy Crab ready!
Remember: if you are using a device, sync BEFORE you run and AFTER you’ve downloaded the Run Keeper app and set-up your account.
📱⌚👟 How to track your run/walk using the ASICS Runkeeper™ app (optional):
- From your mobile device, go to your Race Roster dashboard
- Click on the “Start virtual run” button, where you will be asked to confirm your name, which then adds the Crazy Crab 2-Mile Challenge virtual to your app
- Revisit the ASICS Runkeeper™ app on July 25-26th. When you are ready to run, click the flag symbol (right hand side, 3rd logo down) and select the race to start recording. You can either tap “start” to begin your run/walk & track it using Run Keeper and your phone OR simply choose to upload your previous activity that has since been synced via your device and the steps in the section above.
- Save your 2 Mile or longer activity and your results will automatically be posted on the leaderboard if your device is synced or if you are using your phone. If you’d prefer to do a manual upload, simply follow step (3) above and choose “Manual Upload” instead.
- Your results will then be posted in the leaderboard, and you’ll be sent an email link where you can view the leaderboard, click your name in the results to view your time & place, along with your finisher’s certificate which is shareable and downloadable 😊 🏆