GIANT RACE FAQs
Q: ARE THERE ANY REFUNDS?
We are unable to cancel & refund race registrations, but there are a few options you can choose from:
- Transfer your registration to someone else: Can’t make the race? You can transfer your race bib to another eager runner by logging into your account via the link you received in your registration confirmation email and completing the “Transfer” option information. www.raceroster.com/signin
- Virtual Race: Can’t make the race in person but still want to receive the runner swag? Run the event virtually! Switch your race distance to the “Virtual” option by logging into your account via the link you received in your registration confirmation email and completing the “Transfer to another distance” option information. Run the race wherever you are during race weekend and receive your items in the mail soon after the event (items are only shipped domestically). www.raceroster.com/signin
- Defer your race entry to 2019: Can’t make the race? Defer your entry to 2019! https://raceroster.com/events/2018/16301/giant-race-deferrals
Q: CAN I SWITCH RACE DISTANCES
Yep! Simply visit your participant dashboard and you can choose which race distance you’d like to switch to.
Q: IS IT TOO LATE TO HAVE MY PACKET MAILED TO ME?
The deadline to have your packet mailed has passed. For those who did not opt for packet mailing, you (or someone on your behalf) MUST attend the expo to pick up your packet. THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP. If you are unable to attend the expo, someone can pick up your packet on your behalf as long as they have a copy of your registration and ID
Q: WHEN AND WHERE IS THE EXPO?
The expo will take place at AT&T Park (24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco, CA 94107) on Friday, September 7th from 11:30Am-7:00PM and Saturday, September 8th from 9:00AM-4:00PM. Please enter at the Lefty O’Doul Gate, right next to the 3rd Street Bridge. Need more information? Check out http://race-sfgiants.com/san-francisco/expo-packet-pickup/
Q: WHAT ARE THE RACE START TIMES?
- Half/10k at 7am
- 5k at 10:50am
- The Kids Race/Family Relay will take place on Saturday, 9/8 at noon inside of AT&T Park
Q: ARE STROLLERS ALLOWED ON THE COURSE?
We allow strollers on 5K course, not the 10K or Half Marathon
Q: WHAT ARE THE TIME LIMITS?
- All runners must finish the 5K in less than 60 minutes
- The 10K must be completed in less than 1hr. 45 minutes
- The Half Marathon must be completed in less than 3hr. 30 minutes
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T FINISH IN TIME?
Runners who do not maintain the suggested pace MAY be instructed to turn around and head back to the Finish Line to accommodate road openings mandated by the City of San Francisco. Any participants who do not maintain pace proceed at their own risk, will be required to use sidewalks adjacent to the course, and must abide by stoplights and pedestrian traffic laws. If you happen to be on the course after the required pace time, we will do everything in our power to keep the finish line open a bit longer if possible.
Q: WHERE CAN I PARK ON RACE DAY?
This year, all official ballpark lots (A, C and Pier 48) are reserved for pre-paid passes ONLY: no cash will be accepted onsite. This is an effort to improve traffic flow and eliminate congestion on race morning. You have the option of selecting a pre-paid parking pass during registration. If you’ve already registered for the race, please call (415)972-1881 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a parking pass. Metered street parking will also be available in the area
Q: I’M SO EXCITED FOR MY SERIES AWARDS! HOW DO I MAKE SURE I’M ELIGIBLE?
Please check our Series Awards Eligibility Page to make sure you’re on the list. If you do not see your name, please email email@example.com & we’ll double check your eligibility
Q: I KNOW I REGISTERED, BUT I CAN’T FIND MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can resend your confirmation email
Q: I FOUND A MISTAKE ON MY REGISTRATION, HOW CAN I FIX IT?
Please visit your participant dashboard.
Q: ARE THERE AID STATIONS ALONG THE COURSE?
There are 4 Aid Stations located along the route with water and electrolytes (POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast) and stations located at the Start/Finish Line. The Half Marathon Aid Stations will also serve RXBar Mini’s.
Q: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET UPDATES ON THE EVENT?
There are several ways to keep updated: 1 – Give us a follow on social (facebook, Intagram, Twitter) 2 – Sign up to receive our newsletter here: https://atmlb.com/2Lz8pu6
Q: DOES THE RACE HAVE SWEAT CHECK?
The FedEx Sweat Check will be located in Lot A for all registered runners starting at 5:00am
Q: TRAVELING FROM OUT OF TOWN. DO YOU HAVE HOTEL BLOCKS RESERVED?
The Hilton Financial is the official host hotel of the San Francisco Giant Race. For room reservations visit https://bit.ly/2mL1BM4
Q: CAN FAMILY AND FRIENDS WATCH A PARTICIPANT FINISH?
Yes, AT&T park will be open to spectators! Seating will be allowed in the lower concourse and outfield bleachers. Entry/exit into AT&T Park will be available via the Willie Mays Plaza entrance. No spectators will be allowed on the field.
Q: WHERE CAN I FIND THE TIMES FOR THE KIDS RACE/FAMILY RELAY?
- 12:00pm – Ages 10-12
- 12:30pm – Ages 7-9
- 1:00pm – Ages 4-6
- 1:30pm – Family Relay
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Email us at email@example.com or call us at (415)972-1881